At Loxley Primary School...
• Children need to be at school promptly for morning register by 8.50 am
• The classroom doors open at 8.40am for children to complete a morning task
• The afternoon registers are taken at 1pm for KS2 and 1.15pm for KS1
• School finishes at 3.20pm
Getting to School on time matters...
• Children arriving to school after 8.55am are recorded as being late (L)
• Children arriving to school after 9.10am will be recorded as being unauthorised late (U).
This is the same as an unauthorised absence mark.
• Children arriving late must report to the school office.
Number of minutes late every school day and days missed each year as a result...
5 mins every day = 3.5 days
10 mins every day = 7.2 days
20 mins every day = 14.4 days
OUR SCHOOL ATTENDANCE TARGET THIS YEAR IS 97.1%
If your child needs to be absent from school...
• Only keep your child away from school if it’s really necessary - we will contact you if they are unwell and need to go home.
• Telephone school on the first day of absence, as early as possible.
• Keep school informed if more than one day’s absence is necessary.
• Speak to us if your child will be off for a prolonged period of time so we can offer support.
Where possible please avoid medical appointments in school time.
If this is unavoidable please remember that:
• Medical appointment cards will need to be shown to the school
office for an authorised medical appointment to be recorded on the register.
• If same day emergency medical appointments occur ask your GP surgery for a card/slip stating that your child attended. This will need to be returned to school at the first opportunity.
• If your child is too ill to return to school following the appointment, please telephone us.
Taking your child out of school, during term time...
The Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006
Amendments have been made to the 2006 Regulations and make
clear that head teachers may not grant any leave of absence
during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Parents should complete a form and submit to the school at least
20 days in advance. Headteachers have the discretion to grant
leave, but they should only do so in exceptional circumstances. If a
headteacher grants a leave request, it will be for them to determine
the length of time that the child can be away from school. This
leave is unlikely, however, to be granted for the purposes of a family
Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term
time without consent from the school.
To find out more about your responsibility as a parent/carer, see
Sheffield City Councils Policy and further information at
An up to date copy of our Attendance Policy can be found on the link below: